Robyn Amell and Bonnee Gregg helped make our winter gear donation drive for The Safe Harbour Society a big success!
Overheard at Monday’s meeting:“I meet the most wonderful women at these meetings!”True words! You are all wonderful.
- About 110 of us bundled up and braved the cold to attend the first meeting of Year #5.
- We had a visit from Waskasoo, the Canada Winter Games mascot. Thank you for your patience with the photo ops.
- 11 new members signed up last night, in addition to several others who had pre-registered. Welcome all!
- 12 nominations were in the hat and there were 3 excellent pitches:
- Kim Fox – Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
- Janessa McCormack – Boys and Girls Club
- Val Jensen – Mustard Seed School Lunch Program
- We had our first-ever tie vote. After a few seconds of head-scratching, we decided to re-vote among the two tied charities.
- The Mustard Seed garnered the most votes on round two and will receive our funds for the second time.
- Christine Stewart reported back on how the $19,000 (and growing) donations from our November meeting are being utilized for their Peer Support initiative.
- We collected bags and bags of cold-weather gear for The Safe Harbour Society. Thank you to Robyn Arnell for bringing to our attention Safe Harbour’s needs. Thank you to the Breathing Room – their free yoga classes on Monday in exchange for donations made the pile extra big!Thank you to everyone that helped haul it out to Leslee Burton’s truck and to Leslee and her family for delivering all the hats, gloves, scarves, socks, underwear, and jackets.
If you weren’t able to attend, we missed you! Please mail or drop off your cheque payable to The Mustard Seed to 4751 – 56 Street, Red Deer T4N 2K2.
Our next meeting is April 15.
Cindy and Susan